30 August 2004 : Just seven days after the introduction of Page 21 - Part C, today I proudly present Page 21 - Part D.
In this Part it's my pleasure to introduce another talented modeler of Thailand named "Jakkraphad". Computer is his
occupation while modeling is his hobby and passion. All models in this Part are his works alone, and though he built
them OOB (out of box), he searched the Web for pictures of the real things to be used as references in building
(in terms of colors and other details) and he scratch built some parts to make the models as realistic as could be.
As usual, I hope you'll enjoy viewing!.
I'd like to thank for all kind feedbacks and compliments that we received concerning Page 20 - Part C.
They are encouraging indeed!, and they inspire us to keep on producing quality models & dioramas and showing
finest quality pictures possible. Comments and suggestions are welcome in my
Model Maniac Forum
115 : An Overview of Page 21 - Part D (Index Print)
116 - 125 : Revell's H.M.C.S. Snowberry - Flower Class Corvette 1:72 (85.0 cm long)
- "Jakkraphad" scratch built turning wheels (see pic m21-123.jpg) for the front cannon and more than a dozen tiny
copper rings for antenna wiring
126 - 135 : Revell's German Submarine VII C 1:72 (93.3 cm long) - There was a problem in assembling this
sub especially the front parts but "Jakkraphad" managed to solve the problem
136 - 142 : Trumpeter's MiG-3 1:32 - "Jakkraphad" painted the red star emblem instead of using the supplied decals
and scratch built details in the flaps, but I could not take picture of the flaps
143 - 152 : Trumpeter's Mil Mi-24V Hind-E Helicopter 1:35 (56.5 cm long) - "Jakkraphad" added
wiring to all the missiles (see pic m21-148.jpg) and he used pictures of the real thing as references
Counter : With the introduction of this Part, the total number of pictures of all Pages = 2,652
Model Maniac - Page 22 Part A is coming. It will take a few weeks and will include
some of the following items:
- Trumpeter's M1 Panther II Mineclearing Tank
- AFV's German Le FH18M 10.5cm Howitzer
- AFV's Wiesel 1 Mk20
- Italeri's U.S.M.C. LAV-25 Piranha
- Diorama "US Liberating Force" using Dragon's Firefly V C and Dragon's US Anti Tank Team
- Diorama "Anti-Aircraft Half-Track" using Italeri's Sd.Kfz.10/4 w/ Flak 30 w/ 4 in-box figures and
VP's German Soldiers WWII At Break (2)
All by 'Art Instructor', and
- Testor's B-2 Stealth 1:72
- Trumpeter's Sovremenny Class Destroyer Type 956 E 1:200 (to complement Type 956 in my collection)
All by 'Niphon'